Sunday, April 25, 2010

We are F-A-M-I-L-Y




We had a wonderful day yesterday with my brothers and sisters. Mom and David recently got back from Arizona and we got together at my sister's new home. We haven't all been together since Mom's 80th birthday in 2006. I genuinely like my brothers and sisters. They are good people who have done some good in the world. They lead interesting lives and they have wonderful families. There were about 30 of us together for the afternoon. Elder Andy was invited to share his video and pictures of Mongolia and then we had dinner. It was a nice afternoon to be together and to enjoy the company of one another. I'm sure my Mom was thrilled to have everyone there. I know now much it means to me when our kids are all home and I'm sure she felt the same way. She and Dad raised some pretty good kids.



Rick said "goodbye" to his beloved Intrepid. He got a new Hyundai Sonata and we sold the Dodge to Jamie and Ryan. It was a win, win transaction and we (minus Rick) are thrilled that the car is parking at their home now.

5 comments:

VFR said...

Good for you, Vonnie, to get together with your brothers and sisters. They are a good bunch. Sad news that the Intrepid is gone, but at least it's with a nice family. It was one of the best cars ever. The new car has a long way to go to catch up to the Intrepid.

Jamie Jo said...

We loved seeing Andy's Mongollian videos. The contortionist still gives me the shivers. And we've promised Claire to still refer to the car as the Purple Football. We're loving it.

Annie said...

I object. When did 5'7 get to be in the troll catagory?! What a fun day. Thanks for all you did to make it great. Andy rocks.

marcy said...

Hi Vonnie Girl! Love the pictures of your Family all together.You guys are all so TALL!!!. Well, I guess to 5'2 me everyone is tall :)Missing you . Hope to see you in July. Don't leave on vacation or something. Utah is never fun to visit if you aren't there.

Jord said...

What a fun party and family pictures. You do have some good siblings and I love my aunts and uncles!