Sunday, April 18, 2010

A fresh coat of paint

It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do for a home! I'm so happy with the results. I love the warmer weather and the chance to be outside. I also saw some popcorn popping on the apricot trees just down the street. Now, that is a real sign of spring. Happiness!!!








We hired a professional painter to paint the doors, the back of the house, the deck, the playhouse and all our fences. It took him all week to sand and tape everything off before he sprayed on the paint. Our painter also got the play house all fixed up for the grand kids to play in when they come to visit next. I'll have to keep Andy and his friends out of it until then. It's going to get new carpet and some other fun additions to make it a place for great adventures.

8 comments:

Claire said...

Ohhh, looks nice! I didn't know you were planning on doing that. Can't wait to see it.

Jamie Jo said...

That looks so nice. I painted my garage, door and shudders black a few years ago and they are in DIRE need of another coat.

Annie said...

Why do we put off things like that? It all looks divine and I am jealous that spring has sprung for you and not for me.

Lee said...

I've gotten behind in reading your posts, so it was fun to read a bunch at once. The picts from ST. George are so pretty! Love the new paint. What color was your front door before? Love the play dough play date, and Ellie golfing was so funny! Can't wait for your womens conf talk. Have you bought a new outfit yet to present it in yet? You deserve one!

Carol said...

Carol here - it looks great!

Vonnie said...

Lee, the front door was grey before. I've got a jacket and a skirt for the talk, but I need a shirt or blouse for under the jacket and maybe some new shoes. You have to milk these things for all they're worth. Don't you agree?

VFR said...

The painting project was a good one. We possibly could have done it ourselves, but why would we want to? The house does look good with a new coat of paint.

Jord said...

Nice on the paint colors. I'm excited to see it next week!