Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mongolian culture












I'm almost finished with my Mongolian overview. I've saved the best for last - THE PEOPLE. Stayed tuned. But for now, check out some of their unique cultural offerings. On the last night of our stay we attended a show of traditional Mongolian singing, throat singing, dancing, musical performance and watching an amazing contortionist. Mongolians are very talented and you won't see any of their stuff done by Americans. We don't have the genes I guess. Amazing stuff!

Check out this You Tube link for Mongolian throat singing.

And this link for Mongolian contortionists. Get ready to squirm.

2 comments:

tutus n bowties said...

I have loved hearing about and seeing your fun trip. The pictures seriously rock! How long will Andy boy be away?

VFR said...

They are a very interesting people, and their culture is very interesting as well. Very different from ours.