Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oh my...

I got this letter in the mail last week (click on the letter to enlarge.) I was in total shock. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Seriously, I'm kind of excited, but very nervous. I can't imagine how this happened. I guess I'll move forward and start preparing. Do any of you good readers have any ideas to offer? I'd appreciate your help!

10 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

The print on the letter is too small for me to read. What does it say? I'm on pins and needles!

Jamie Jo said...

Ahhh!! I just tried clicking on the letter (duh). Vonnie how exciting!!! You'll be wonderful! I love Women's Conference, and I'll for sure put you on my schedule. That's awesome!

Eileen said...

I am not even surprised. You are PERFECT for the assignment! I'll be there for sure. (I'm assuming you'll say yes)

teamZ said...

That is so exciting! I think the topic is wonderful. It is something that we all need to work on. It reminds me of President Hinckley's quote of enjoying the journey. I know there was another recent conference talk about enjoying life not just enduring the trials; I can't find the mean right off hand. I think I need to talk to JR about a trip to UT. (and Stacey too!)

Joyce Anne said...

Congratulations.....I am feeling the need for a "road trip to Provo" in April.

Jord said...

That is great news Mom and I know you will do a wonderful job. You'll show them!

VFR said...

Great news, Vonnie. They couldn't have picked a better speaker. Love you.

Lee said...

I knew it was only a matter of time- mostly because not only do you do a great job with speeches such as this, but I believe you actually ENJOY preparing and delivering them. Are we really sisters? Cause I couldn't be more opposite in this area. . . You will be so great, and I will plan on coming as well. What are the dates?

Annie said...

Cousin Rebecca asked me for recommendations for speakers at the conference and I gave her YOU. She called me a while back looking for your number? Is this what she called about? You're a natural!

Claire said...

Guess I better stop hating on the W.C. now. At least I no longer work at the Museum during the no-touching quilt exhibit. You'll be awesome and I'm glad I can go!