Pat and Vern had a good chat with this young man. They were sitting in the front row and he came along and sat down after they were seated. Vern leaned over to Pat and said, "You're sitting next to David Archuleta." She said, "Are you sure?" and Vern said "perfectly sure." They had a nice chat with him although she said he mostly wrote in his journal and read. When Rick and I went up to the front of the plane I saw David and said, "your mother is sitting next to David Archuleta." he said, "are you sure?" and I said, "100% sure." We said hello to him waited to be the last ones off the plane with Vern who was waiting for a wheel chair. The pilots came out and asked David if they could have a picture with him for their daughters. Pat got his autograph.What a nice young man. As we waited for our luggage, several people went up to him and asked to take his picture. He was very accommodating and patient. He said he was in LA to help with fundraising for Haiti relief. You never know who you'll see when visiting California. Fun.
8 comments:
That is soooo awesome!!! I loved him on Idol. He seems like someone I would be willing to let Rachel date. :) Carol gave me his Christmas CD and I LOVE it! I hope fame doesn't spoil him like it did the Hough's.
That's amazing! did he not have anyone flying with him? No agent or assistants or anything? He does seem like a very kind guy. That's very fun for you guys. Love the matching BYU jackets. Funny that the other three thought they needed one!
Dave was a pretty nice guy, quite pleasant with the autograph requests and such. I was happy that Romney, the RM, gave him pass-along cards to share with the people he met.
Wow that is a crazy story. Ryan loves David Archeleta. We are excited to have dinner with you guys on Sunday. Thanks for the invite. Hope all is well.
How sweet is that story to tell! That's fun that you were able to have a fun get away to Cali. Hope the weather was amazing.
Vonnie...Sounds like you had a great trip! You know it would have been even better if I had come to see you in Redlands. :) haha
That is so cool about David A. on the flight. And it sounds like you had a terrific time with your family. You guys are amazing and always doing cool things. Love you Vonnie. XOXO marc
My son lives in Sioux Falls SD. A couple of months ago they were sitting in Sacrament Meeting and Maddi Jo (8 yrs) poked her Mom and said "David Archuletta is sitting back there". After church Michael told her she could go speak to him. She asked him if he was David A. When he said "yes" she giggled like a girl and ran off. He had a concert there that night. He had a sore throat and had called the missionaries to give him a blessing. Michaels wife Emma told me that afternoon that she taught "David A in her Gospel Doctrine class. Sounds like he is a stand-up kind of guy.
That is cool for granny and grampy to meet the famous David A. I love that Grampy knew who he was!
Post a Comment