Tuesday, August 11, 2009

An up and coming vocalist - Nathan Pacheco



Today I received this email from my friend Sue B. who lives in the Bay Area. Their family members were former neighbors and we've kept in touch for many years. Sue shares a great story! Their son Jason is an amazing artist and I featured his work earlier here. This new vocalist Nathan Pacheco is amazing. I love the quality of his voice. I love that HUGE operatic richness of it and the expressive emotion with which he sings. I hope he has a bright future. Be sure and read his bio. He might even be better than....dare I say it...Josh.

Dear Friends and Family,
When I was in Italy this year helping Jason and Shelley, we had a wonderful opportunity to go to church in Terni (two times). At the first meeting, I met this wonderful young couple who were on their honeymoon. The LDS branch had a potluck after church, so we had a lot of opportunity to chat with members and visitors. Nathan Pacheco and his wife were spending six weeks in Italy. Nathan related the following story to me. He was so modest. I kept probing him for more information. He wasn't bragging to me, but this is what I learned. He studied opera at BYU, then went onto New York to study opera. He told me he had gone on a mission to Brazil. He is a committed member of the LDS church. The second Sunday he bore his testimony in Italian. Through a series of amazing events, he has become affiliated with Yanni. Even though I have my own thoughts about Yanni's music, Nathan told me this story.
Please check out the following website. Turn up your volume! It is worth listening to this amazing voice.
If you have any problems, just type in Yanni.com and look up Nathan Pacheco's name.
Now, let me tell you the rest of my story. After Sacrament meeting, I told his wife I was disappointed, because I wanted to hear him sing. She told him and he said, "Come with me". We went into a small classroom. I had my three oldest grandsons with me. They finally got their dad, Jason, to join us. Jason was embarrassed that I asked him. Oh well. He changed his mind later. Nathan shut the door and told me he would sing a song to me. Jason asked him if he wanted to be another Andrea Bocelli. He said, "We shall see." He told the boys to cover their ears because he would be singing very loud! Then he sang at full volume, "O Solo Mio". We were blown away. This isn't just some amateur hoping to achieve greatness. He is already there! He made it seem so effortless. He was so darling to us. Then, his wife told me to go to the Yanni website and hear him sing more. He has it all, looks, personality, name, stage presence and an amazing voice as well as genuine kindness. When he sang to us at full volume, I was overcome with emotion. Wow! A 29 old amazing person who has it all. What a treat!
Listen to what Yanni says about him. He now travels about six months of the year with the Yanni group. He has an unlimited contract, for many years to come. The rest of the year Yanni will introduce him to venues, provide opportunities and promote him. Sounds like what Sara Brightman did for Andrea Bocelli. I wish him well. I hope to hear him sing again in the live concert. Just wanted to share with you this sweet experience. Sue

1 comment:

VFR said...

Great quality singer - better than Josh Groban, since this guy, Pacheco, has operatic training. I think he has a wonderful voice. Thanks, Vonnie, for sharing this information.