Thursday, August 27, 2009

We rested




















This was our 5th cruise. I've learned a thing or two about cruising over the years. One of the great secrets of going on a cruise vacation is that you can truly relax. Amazing, isn't it? No driving from place to place. No food preparation. No worries about entertainment and getting to and from ball parks and theme parks. No admission fees or parking fees. No worries about keeping everyone in the family happy with something of interest. No worries about one person doing one thing and another wanting to do another. No sheets to change or towels to wash. You can always go to your room in a matter of minutes and lie down if you want to without long drives to the hotel or home. That's right my faithful readers, a cruise is a very relaxing experience, especially for the "mom". And this Alaskan cruise was especially so because we could relax while viewing some of the most spectacular views I've ever seen, right off the deck of the ship.
~Want to see some amazing beauties of nature and unwind a little? No problem, just go take a walk around the deck of the ship. Three times around the walking track was equal to one mile. Several mornings we walked (Rick ran) for an hour and visited and took in the views. Specular views while cursing the inland passage.
~The ship also came with a first class spa. Those wanting to pay extra could enjoy all the services offered in the spa for even more relaxation and pampering.
~Want to exercise and unwind? No problem. The ship comes with a fully equipped gym at no additional cost.
~Want to read inside while taking in the views through the windows? The ship also comes with a library and comfy stuffed chairs in the hallways and padded deck chairs on the various decks. Want to curl up and read a good book? No problem. A waitress will bring you a drink while you read.
~Hot tubs (inside and out) and Jacuzzi? Check.
~Classical music concerts? Check.
~Taking a nap every day? Check.
~Just breathing in all the good, clean Alaskan air and sea water smell. Check.










3 comments:

VFR said...

Great summary, Vonnie, about the trip. You deserved a great reward for the anniversary, and I'm glad you got it.

V IV said...

Man, you should be an agent for a cruise line or something. You definately have me convinced, and I can't wait till I can go on a cruise again.

Jord said...

I love the report Mom and am definitely sold on an Alaskan cruise someday. The pictures are beautiful too and I'm sure the scenery was amazing.