Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Carol, Matt, Taylor & Tanner

About 10 days ago, my younger sister Carol and three of her four children came to town for a few days of fun. We had many great adventures, going from one end of the spectrum in activities to the other. They attended church meetings at the MTC with us on Sunday and afterward, we took a leisurely walk around the Provo temple. The summer flowers were at their height of beauty and the day was perfect in every way. The kids were so good to indulge their Aunt Vonnie in taking way more pictures than necessary, but hey, they don't come to visit every day.




















How about those future missionaries!

The kids went swimming at our pool for over three hours one evening while Carol, Rick and I went to see the new movie Julie & Julia. Everyone enjoyed their respective activities for the evening.















We visited the home of Adam and Sydney and Syd showed us around their beautiful home. She has the decorating touch and her home is so inviting (even if the cake seen below is fake...hahaha.)














Of course no visit to town would be complete with out a visit to Rick's office. We took more great pictures on site, but unfortunately, they can't be shown here.










We also went to Cabela's for a tour of that amazing store. Even if you aren't an outdoors man or woman, you will still be amazed by the collection of stuff animals they have in the store...hundreds of "trophy takes" aka...dead animals that rival the Bean Life Science Museum at BYU.


Here's where we started out. Seven Peaks water park. Matt and Tanner were very adventurous, but Carol, Taylor and I stuck to the tame stuff. A good wet time was had by all until we got chased out by lightening strikes in the area. We're so glad Carol and her family could come to town to visit us. Carol was driving their NEW car and we are so excited for them to have some new, reliable wheels and we hope they will come and see us again soon. We love you all.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

I was hoping to see some pics of your cruise. Maybe you haven't gone yet. Is it too late for us to come? JK I still haven't plannned anything yet.

Jord said...

What a fun visit! Carol and kids are always great company and I'm glad you enjoyed the peaks.

VFR said...

We did have fun, and I think they enjoyed the visit.

Carol said...

I don't know why I am posting as Taylor now,instead of Carol. We had a great time with you and Rick. Thanks for a fun weekend. The kids are still talking about the MTC.