Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The art of Jason Bowen

Take a look at the art work of this extremely talented artist, Jason Bowen. Jason grew up in our neighborhood and we were friends with his parents. He got interested in painting because his father Paul is a talented watercolor artist and architect. I'm so impressed with people who can produce such beauty and who have such amazing talent.
Jason takes his family and members of his extended family to Italy every summer. He and his wife lived there while he was honing his painting skills and they know a lot about the country and customs and they made many great friends. They have great contacts. He takes a group over every year and he teaches them oil painting . Group members can also take Italian cooking classes and enjoy traveling around Italy with someone who knows where they are going. I'd love to go with Jason some summer for a few weeks. It's on my list of things I want to do before I die. His mother is a good friend of mine and I hope to go with them some summer to Italy.
Jason once tended our three young children when we went to California to a BYU bowl game during the Christmas holiday one year. That's right, a teenage boy tended three kids for about 4-5 days all by himself. Dave was in diapers and Jason handled their care so well. Afterwards, he said that he didn't want to be a dad anytime soon and that it taught him a lot about what it takes to care for children. He and his wife Shelley have four young sons now and I'm sure that the experience he received with our children and others helped prepared him in a small degree for fatherhood.
At one of his art shows in Salt Lake City, we were fortunate enough to purchase a print of one of this Italian landscapes. It's beautiful and a great addition to our home and a wonderful reminder of our friends who now live in California.

2 comments:

VFR said...

He does do good work, and it's nice to know someone so talented. For some unknown reason, when they were passing artistic talent, I forgot to hold up my plate.

ree ree

Claire said...

He's definitely better than that wretched Gr*g Ols*n!!!