How could anyone go through this experience alone? People with cancer need a lot of emotional support. Thank goodness
there are community support groups that are in place to help people who
need some extra help. After diagnosis, the UVRMedical Center sent out a
lot of information from the breast care nurse specialist along with
information about various support groups that are available to help women
through this experience. So far, I haven't felt the need to call about
these groups because I have my own support team. And what a support
team they are! I'd like to introduce them to you.
![]() |
| My dear and strong husband. My rock and my best friend. |
![]() |
| My sweet family. Our four children, their wonderful spouses and our six little grandchildren. |
Jordan had the great idea to put together a book with notes and cards that people have sent me. She sent out an email to our extended family and to my good friends and ask them to contribute uplifting and encouraging words. They were all so kind to write me the sweetest notes. I just cried when I read them all. I've already read through them several times now and I know that they will be a huge comfort and support to me as I go through my treatments.
I also have my dear friends, my ward family, my Relief Society sisters, my YW girls and leaders, my neighbors, my work associates, Rick's work associates and my extended family members. Thank you to one and all who contributed to the book or helped me in any way. You don't know how much your positive and loving words mean to me. I couldn't do this without you ALL. I have felt your love and emotional support.









2 comments:
This is such a sweet post! I'm so happy you feel all the love and support possible. That's so cool your kids got you an Ipad! That really will be perfect for you! Hurray.
We love you, Vonnie, and will always be here to support you. Thank you for your courage and your tenacity as you go through this difficult experience. You are our hero, and it is a privilege to support you through this. Thanks for the shout out.
Post a Comment