Thursday, September 6, 2012

A reprieve from the fight

24th of July parade in SLC

Lunch at Grandma Pat's
Baby W just chillin

Lunch with our friends Keith and Lorie at their home

Dinner with the family in Old Town

Skippy overseeing the dressing of her baby brother before his blessing

His new outfit, sock and shoes.  So cute!

Proud mother and son

What a good looking family!

I'm so glad we could be there to participate in the blessing of little W


 

 

After surgery on July 20, I had until August 22 to recover and spend some time in the company of members of my support team before chemotherapy.  We just lived life like we normally do.  Jordan and Jake came to town with their three little girls and we got to have them around for about a week.  Rich drove Claire and their two little ones up for a two week visit and then I helped drive them back down when the time came.  Rick flew down and we got to attend the baby blessing of little WRH.  He is such a sweet little boy and I had a wonderful five days just sitting around being entertained by Olympic hopeful Skippy and her little bro. It was the best therapy I could have asked for.  We had some good times doing a bunch of fun summer time activities.  These pictures say it all. 

3 comments:

Annie said...

What a fun time you are having in spite of what you are going through!

Jord said...

Those were some good times! There are more to come so focus on that during the crappy days. Love you Mom!

VFR said...

We are living after the manner of normalcy, thanks to your pluck and courage, and resiliency. You are great, Vonnie, and we are thankful for the example you are showing.