Thursday, September 20, 2012

Chemo #2

Checkout my new wig
September 12. The 2nd round came along too soon.  I felt pretty good that last week, which was the third week after the 1st treatment.  I was determined to do everything in my power not to have such a hard experience.  And the good news is......I didn't!  Here are some things that made a difference:
*My oncologist gave me a prescription for some good acid reflux drugs that are time released and that helped immensely
*I had a full prescription of the anti-nausea drugs and I took them every 8 hours, right on schedule
*I ate and drank even when I didn't feel at all like eating and drinking.  My dear friends Colleen & Patsy brought us some tempting food and I enjoyed eating. 
*I got up and got dressed, every day but one
*Having my mom here helped a lot
*My husband continues to fast and pray for me along with many others and I know it helps

The first week I didn't have the terrible digestive issues like I did last time.  I still had a lot of bone pain and just a heavy feeling like my heart was pounding.  I slept pretty well.  I've gone to work all this week for a few hours.  I've lived my life.  I sewed a crib skirt for little Charlie.  I read my scriptures.  I read some good talks on trials.  I think that is important.  Get up.  Get going.  Help someone else if you can.
Days 8, 9, and 10 following chemo have been more difficult for some reason.  More digestive issues and a strange rash has appeared on my hands that is getting worse.  Hum...the uncertainties of chemo.  Just when a person thinks they are on top of it for awhile, it comes crashing down.


1 comment:

VFR said...

You are tough, Vonnie, and you are showing such a great example of going through this hard experience with faith, courage, determination, and grit. You have that Idaho toughness and you are certainly someone who does things in "the Rupert way." We love you.