Saturday, December 10, 2011

Countdown to Christmas


Day #10

Christmas is a time of year when a lot of people stretch their hearts and their pocket books and give to others. It's a good exercise to stretch and it feels soooooo good to carry around a pocket book that weighs less! A lot of people are more prone to look outside of themselves and to give to others. I love that part about Christmas. And I really love it when people can give anonymously. They don't want credit, they just want to give and to lift someone, surprise someone, help someone and have fun!
This year I was the recipient of the most generous gift from an anonymous donor. Some generous donor gave every person at my office a Blendtec blender! There are 45 people in my area. Those blenders retail at $470. You do the math.
I was so excited my heart started pounding and I got a huge smile on my face. For you see, I've wanted one of these blenders for years but I didn't have the cash just lying around to buy one.
That anonymous donor made A LOT of people very happy.
I've since learned that the donor has ties to the company and probably got them at cost or less, but still....W~O~W!!!
Who ever it was has got to be feeling pretty good right now. And since I will never be able to thank them in person, I'll just have to thank them here...so...THANK YOU, I really appreciate your gift!!!

2 comments:

VFR said...

That's pretty cool about the blender, and I have some of our house phones that go on the fritz periodically. Maybe we can grind them up. It would be fun.

Jord said...

What a great gift for so many people. And you seriously needed a good blender so it was great timing on his/her part. Giving is the best!