
While in Boston, we spent one morning touring the presidential library of John F. Kennedy. It was quite fascinating. If you ever get the chance to tour a presidential library, take the opportunity to learn more about a particular president and the events that were going on in the country while they were in office. We've been to the libraries of Ronald Regan and Richard Nixon in California and we were very interested to see what was in the JFK library. It showed a slice of Americana during the short tenure of his presidency which was about 1000 days (minus any references to his dalliances with Marilyn Monroe...) But I digress. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside of the museum, but I did take one quick picture of the wording on a display about space exploration during his presidency and the spin-offs that came from that exploration. Who knew? I thought it was fascinating to find out that the good little GPS system that guided us carefully the entire trip was a product of space exploration and discoveries associated with it. We loving nick named our (on loan from Dave and Janet) GPS "Eleanor" and she saved our lives. She took us from the parking lot of our hotel in Boston, right to the front door of our hotel in NYC. She then outdid herself and drove us from NYC right to the steps of Mike and Yvonne's home in Washington DC. Unfortunately, I accidentally left her in the console of our rental car and when I discovered the mistake 45 minutes later, she was gone. I'm so sorry Eleanor! That was the only downer of the whole trip. Some dishonest Alamo employee or the next person who rented the car said that she was no where to be seen. Yeah, right. Poor little Eleanor. She is now in the hands of a dishonest person. But we have the instruction manual, so I hope they are frustrated trying to figure out how to use her without it. Dirty Rotten Scoundrel!






2 comments:
I would love to go back East. You two do a lot of fun travelling. Too bad about Eleanor.
The presidential libraries are very interesting, even though they present a sanitized version of the president's term of office. We didn't hear about the Kennedy girlfriends, but there probably wasn't enough room in the building to list them all.
Post a Comment