Friday, June 5, 2009

Deep cleaning ~ Day 3

Yup, you've got it. My trusty assistants Audrey and Lauren and I continued cleaning day 3 and accomplished a lot in the almost 24 accumulative hours we worked:
  • They completely cleaned ALL the windows and screens, inside and out. Can I just say that I LOVE clean windows? I showed them how to do it and they just took over. I LOVE that!
  • cleaned the family room inside and out. Also reorganized the food storage room and the toy room under the stairs. Nice!
  • we cleaned my bedroom and Andy's bedroom. I told A & L it was a good thing that they were there or I would probably start crying when we cleaned Andy's stuff. I've avoided his room. Their presence forced me to hold it together. Something about seeing all his pictures and handling his clothes, seeing his snow board and basketball stuff, smelling his Acqua de Gio cologne... man oh man, I miss that kid.
  • we set up the queen mattress in his room since we got a new mattress in our room. Nice for him when he gets home and nice for visitors to have a bigger bed to sleep in.
  • thoroughly cleaned our bathroom, bathroom closet and clothes closet. De junked like crazy.
  • cleaned the office and sewing room. This little office has become the holding bin for stuff we haven't had time to deal with but didn't want to throw away. It was about knee deep. Yeah, I know. Seriously, we have too much stuff!!! We dragged it all into the family to clean and now Rick and I have to go through piles and boxes and GET RID of a bunch of it.
  • I've already made one trip to Deseret Industries. More to come. Also, a trip to the dump planned for Saturday.
  • Can I just say that it does feel GOOD! We enjoyed lunch at Rumbi Grill (I love that place) and then at the end of the day we went swimming to celebrate being done with the work.

Stay tuned, a few more pictures to come tomorrow.

6 comments:

Eileen said...

What a lovely, cozy, warm, inviting home you have. And CLEAN! It's so fun to see the photo tour.

vowgi

tutus n bowties said...

Looks great Vonnie! I want to come stop by for a visit and catch up on life.

teamZ said...

I see that you went with the purple quilt. Good choice!

As for these cleaning entries, please stop! I can't take the guilt. I read the last entry to my pregnant sister. I thought maybe she was in the nesting phase and I could feel like I had accomplished something by getting someone to clean. She feels too large to clean. We were raised in a home where we annually did the deep cleaning. What happened to us? We must be pigs. I want to take a couple days off my job and hire trusty assistance, but the bosses won't let me. To everything there is a season:)

Jamie Jo said...

Look at you go!

VFR said...

The idea of going through all the stuff from the office terrorizes me. I can't stand to think of throwing any of it away, and I hate organizing it. If I had my way, it would remain in boxes and I would get to it in due time. Thanks, Vonnie, for the rest of the cleaning. The house looks great!!

Jord said...

I love de-junking and throwing stuff out! I'll help you with the office stuff if you're not done by then.