Thursday, June 4, 2009

Deep cleaning ~ Day 2

I took a couple of days off work to get the deep cleaning done because let's face it...it wouldn't have been accomplished otherwise. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Here is a picture of my two trusty assistants. I couldn't have done it without them. The best money I've spent recently since I don't have my own kids at home anymore to do slave labor to earn their room and board (I'm kidding... sort of.) Our kids have very fond memories of doing the annual deep cleaning as soon as school got out. Work now, play later kids! They were actually very good sports and they learned how to clean a house. I do wonder if any of them do an annual deep cleaning in their own homes???
Anyway, Audrey and Lauren were great little workers. I'd recommend them to anyone! They did whatever I asked them to do and they didn't whine and complain even once. We had lunch at Panda Express just for fun.



Here's what we accomplished:

  • Jordan, Claire and Dave's bedrooms cleaned - under beds (yes, even under Dave's bed!), emptied closets, drawers, dejunked, wiped out and reorganized
  • cleaned windows, blinds and curtains
  • washed all bedding
  • wiped baseboards and dusted
  • washed light fixtures
  • Two bathrooms - scrubbed showers and tub, washed shower curtains
  • cleaned all drawers, under the sink, mirros and light fixtures
  • scrubbed the sink, toilet and floor
  • washed rugs and cleaned all garbage cans
  • Organized the pantry - took everything out, wiped down, reorganized, dejunked (I can actually find things now)
  • Living Room - wiped baseboards, dusted everything, rearranged
  • vacuumed all furniture and organized magazine racks, CD stacks & piano music
  • cleaned light fixtures
  • cleaned blinds
  • washed hall walls, baseboards and heater vents, banister and stairs

Here is a little sneak peek at our efforts that took 21 man hours between the three of us:

















































































































3 comments:

Lee said...

I'm sure those girls were thrilled to make some money-did you get all that done in 2 days? Are you keeping them around for downstairs? I'm sure your trusty assistant Ricky agrees that that was money well spent!

Jamie Jo said...

It looks so nice. It makes me want to attack my house. Problem is, with 5 children still at home, it doesn't stay that way too long. My favorite thing about deep cleaning is the load to DI. I love to get rid of stuff! It's a source of contention in my marriage. :)

VFR said...

Good work, Vonnie and the trusty assistants!!