The Lord speaking to Emma Smith said:
Doctrine and Covenants 25:12
For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.
What would Christmas time be without Christmas music? I don't even want to imagine. Seriously, one of my favorite parts about the Christmas season is the music. I've mentioned this before in previous Christmas posts, but I adore Christmas music on the radio, playing on Spotify, on a CD, in the car, and most especially in attending live musical performances. This year was no exception. I decided this year to limit the number of performances I attended, and I have. But I chose carefully the ones I most love. This always includes the BYU Celebration of Christmas concert given by the performing choral groups and the Philharmonic orchestra. Wow. This year was one of the best yet. We went with Rick's mom, our daughters and SIL R and some of their siblings and spouses. I am always moved to tears. The spirit is overwhelming. Here is just a little taste of what hundreds of young spirit-filled voices sound like:

1 comment:
No better music exists than the sacred music of Christmas, and the events of the Savior's birth, life, and resurrection. Thanks for the post, Vonnie.
vfr
Post a Comment