Sunday, December 10, 2017

Jesus said - Day 10


Exodus 20:12
Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
John 6:38
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Matthew 19:19
Honour thy father and thy mothers; and, thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

All through his life Jesus Christ referred to the relationship he had with his Heavenly Father.  Often he would remind those with whom he associated to honor their fathers and their mothers.  This commandment is almost as old as formal religion and gives us all pause to think about how we treat and honor our parents who gave us life.  I'm so grateful for two good parents who brought me into this world.  They gave me a safe and secure place to grow up and they showed by their examples how to be of service to others.  They loved all seven of us children and provided for our needs and most of our wants.  They taught us how to work, value education, how to have fun, how to value family relationships, and how to live the gospel and strengthen our testimonies of the Savior.  My dad has been gone now for almost 35 years.  I think about him very often.  I miss him so much. My sweet mother just turned 91 years old last month.  She has significant challenges with dementia and struggles with every day living.  It was so fun to gather with extended family at her assisted living home and celebrate with her.  I love her.  I'm grateful for the good start she and dad gave me.  I honor them for being the perfect parents for me.










1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Thanks for the post. Earl and Mary are tremendous, and gave you and the Griffin kids such a good start in life. I am very grateful to them as my in-law parents.

vfr