Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Jesus said - Day 19

Luke 11: 9-10
And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; 
seek, and ye shall find, knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  
For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth, 
and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

This scripture obviously has several meanings, but today, I wanted to share an experience I had knocking on some doors.  I have always wanted to do this activity, but I was either working or didn't have a whole day to devote to it.  However, this year I did!  I scheduled with eight dear friends and family members to visit them on December 19.  Luckily, they all said Yes!  I planned my day so that I could go from one visit to another and all the wonderful people were so good to accommodate my schedule.

8:00 am - left the house headed for Salt Lake City.  First stop was at 8:45 - Turmonk, Otga and Eermoon, some of our Mongolian friends (and Andy's former mission companion.)  I had a nice visit and left them with some Christmas stockings, gift cards and some Christmas decor.  They are such wonderful people.

9:30  - Margie, Megan and Cocoa.  We had a lovely chat and I got to tour Margie's Christmas home.  Beautiful!  Loved spending some time with these three generations.

11:00 - Karen, my former mission companion.  She made me a fresh plate of Argentine empanadas and we visited for over an hour.  Great memories were shared.  I love this dear friend.

12:30 - Catie (and my nephew Miles) recently moved into a new home.  I hadn't had the change to see it yet, so I scheduled a visit and had a great time with Catie.  She is a wonderful woman, homemaker, mother and wife and I admire all the good she goes in her life.  I loved sharing and getting to know her better.

1:45 - Carla my childhood friend since second grade welcomed me warmly.  This was the very day of her 63 birthday, so she got some extra love by way of a gift and some treats.  We always pick right up where we left off the last time.  She knows me well and we have stayed in touch over all these years.  I'm proud of the good life she leads and the happy marriage she is in now.  

3:30 - Victoria and I served together in a Relief Society presidency and we have stayed in touch when she moved to the Salt Lake valley.  We had a lovely visit getting caught up with one another.  She then went with me to visit...

5:00 - Linda was a former member of our ward and she has since had some major health problems and now lives in a care center.  She was discouraged and struggling.  It was good to visit her and try and cheer her up a little, along with Victoria.  I'm so glad we went.  I hope our visit helped.

6:15 - Ann and John opened their door to me and I was able to deliver our Christmas gift to them and have a nice visit.  We had their names this year, and as fellow Christians, I hope our gift was as meaningful to them as it is to us.  It was wonderful to see their Christmas home and to feel of their love and friendship.

7:15 - Finally, I headed back home with a huge smile on my face and met up with my friend Cydnee to see the new Star Wars movie.  It was such a fun day and I loved every minute of it.  I hope to do it again another year.  All eight doors that I knocked were opened to me, and I found great joy behind each one.

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

This was a great day, and you made the day for those you visited. Love the idea.

vfr