Thursday, August 4, 2011

What's there to see in Utah?



We live in an amazing state!
Top Utah getaway destinations:

The D News ran this interesting article giving a list of all these areas in our state with another longer list of things to do and see in that general area. Check out the link above.
We've traveled all over this great state. The only areas I haven't seen are highlighted in RED. I really, really want to rent a houseboat and go to Lake Powell sometime. I think it would be a great family vacation and I know Courtney will agree.

1. Escalante area: Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Grand Staircase, Boulder Mountain
2. Cache Valley area: Bear Lake, Logan Canyon, waterways
3. Cedar City area: Utah Shakespearean Festival, Cedar Breaks
4. Moab area: Arches, Canyonlands, Colorado River
5. Central Utah area: Little Sahara, Skyline Drive, Cove Fort, waterways
6. Davis County: Lagoon, Antelope Island
7. Kanab area: Grand Canyon North Rim, Monument Valley

8. Ogden area: Weber and Ogden Canyons, waterways
9. Park City resorts, Heber Valley
10. Lake Powell, Glen Canyon
11. Box Elder County: Golden Spike National Historic Site, Willard Bay

12. Salt Lake Valley: Temple Square, Salt Lake area canyons, Bingham Copper mine, Great Salt Lake
13. Vernal area: Flaming Gorge, Green River, Uinta Mountains, Book Cliffs (I've only been here once and would like to go again.)
14. Utah Valley: American Fork, Payson and Provo Canyons, waterways
15. St. George area: Zion National Park, Snow Canyon, waterways

3 comments:

Lee said...

Wow- there aren't many places you haven't been. A houseboat on Lake Powell is on our wish list of family vacations too! That's a great list. We need to get chipping away on lots more destinations in Utah.

VFR said...

Utah is a great state, very beautiful and unusual, with much to see. I'm glad we've seen so much of it. Thanks for the good post, Vonnie.

Jord said...

You and Dad did a great job of taking us around our home state and I think it helped me grow an appreciation for the beauty of where I grew up.