Thursday, August 25, 2011

Get ready for a taste sensation


COCONUT PINEAPPLE ZUCCHINI BREAD

2 eggs
1 c. canola or vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. coconut extract

1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. grated zucchini
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in its own juice, well drained (about 2/3 cup)

3 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 (4 serving size) box instant coconut cream pudding mix
1 HEAPING c. flaked sweetened coconut


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (2) 8x4-inch loaf pans OR (4-5) 5x3-inch loaf pans; set aside.

Grate zucchini using the large holes on a box grater; place in a colander and press, letting excess liquid drain.

Place pineapple in a mesh strainer; let drain well. Press down to release any excess juice from the pineapple.

Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add oil, sugar, coconut extract and vanilla extract; mix well. Stir in shredded zucchini and pineapple.

In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pudding mix until combined. Add to zucchini mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in coconut.

Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake @ 350 degrees 45-60 minutes for the large loaf pans, and 35-45 minutes for the small loaf pans, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Let cool in pans for 10-15 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack and cool completely. Makes 2 large or 4-5 small loaves.

3 comments:

VFR said...

It was pretty good, for sure. Thanks for the tasty treat.

Lee said...

Yay! I can't wait to make some. I love new zuch recipes since I have lots of it! Thanks for sharing

Jord said...

Sweet! I still have some frozen zucchnii from my garden so I'll make some of this ASAP.