~The hardwood floor was delivered (in the red boxes) so that it could acclimate to the humidity in the house for 10 days. ~The finish carpenter came and installed bead board in the kitchen and around the island. It will be painted next week. ~The kitchen cupboards were glazed and refinished, knobs were attached. They look NICE. Of all the improvements, I think I may like having knobs on the cupboards the best! ~The horrible wall paper was painstakingly removed from our bedroom and bathroom and Andy’s room and the walls were re-textured. ~The ceiling was painted in a flat paint so that the lights don’t shine off of it. ~The carpenter added crown molding to the front room and dining room. ~The family room is painted “Tavern Taupe” and the living/dining is painted “Salt Bush” (who comes up with these names??) So far, so good.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Over half way
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Of all your blog posts, I have to admit these ones are my favorite! Not that I don't like all the insightful topics you discuss but you know my heart is in decorating, architecture, remodeling, anything that has to do with homes! It is so fun to see it step by step. I LOVE what you are doing and I can't wait to see the finished product in person!
This is amazing!!! I love it. The crown molding is gorgeous, the next textured walls are awesome and the cupboard pulls are fabulous. It is going to look so good. You won't even feel like it's the same place. I am wondering why they left the door to Dave's room though? Were they not going to fill in that wall?
How freaking fun! At night to fall to sleep I go through my house room by room and imagine what I would do if the hole house was stripped and I was starting from scratch. I can not wait to come visit once it is all done. I love paint names! Wouldn't that be a fun job? The name says so much, and paints such a vivid picture. Some of the names in my house are Maple Sugar, Green Surf, Garden Herb, and Avocado Green.
Thanks Rebecs, Jord and Jamie for the encouragement. We went back and forth on the door Jord. We had several people offer input and finally decided to leave it open. It lights up that hallway which would have otherwise been very dark and long. It's also easy access to the dining room from the bedrooms. We'll have some sort of house warming and invite all interested parties to come over.
I can't believe you're living there while all this is going on! Wow- how much extra stuff have you done that you didn't initially plan on doing at the start?
Good progress report, Vonnie!! The remodeling project has required patience from those living here, but I'm assured that it will all be worth it.
thats a dirty lie.. the remodeling hell will never end!
I'm so excited for everything to be done! Thanks again for the yummy dinner.
Post a Comment