While we were gone to Denver, the workers made good progress.
Tile in the bathrooms, laundry room and around the living room fireplace- check
Painting - check (this took a month and about killed us all off, including the painter)
Electricians returned to install canned lighting and switch plates - check
Plumber resetting the toilets – check today
Now on to the hardwood floor & then the finish carpenter will put on the moldings in all the upstairs rooms. He is also going to build a railing on the stairs going into the the garage and fix the corroded and rusted metal railing on the front porch! Two more items that needed doing and we have workman around who can do them. Hooray!
Last part - the arrival of the furniture and the decorating of the rooms. That will be the funnest part of all!
Since the pictures were so small last post (because I took them off Courtney’s and Claire’s Picasa shared photos) I’ll make these pictures larger!
11 comments:
ohh I LOVE the wall color. I was thinking of doing that color in my home someday (when I get one that I can actually paint in!) So maybe I'll have to get the name of it from you... I'm so excited that your house is coming along!
It looks so awesome! I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to see the finished product.
LOOKS LIKE A WONDERFUL MESS RIGHT NOW, BUT CAN SEE THE BEAUTHY OF THE FINNISHED PRODUCT. CANT WAIT TO SEE IT.
It's coming along and it looks awesome!! I love the black island! Good call on that one.
The living conditions during this remodel have REALLY SUCKED. It is nice that it is almost done, and it does look nice.
vfr
Vonnie I am DYING!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the stair railing, color and stain. You really went all out. I can't wait to see it! You and I are in the same boat, except yours is way way better because you know you can stay in this house forever, and you are getting it to be a nice, high quality....we are just getting ours to be livable. I can't wait to see it!
It looks great mother! I like all of your choices and am glad for you that Dad agreed to purple paint in the bedroom. Although I have to pull a Claire and say that I don't think "funnest" is a real word. Most fun, maybe? :)
That green is very delicious. You are a lucky duck! Now that our dog died, we can, and need to do what you are doing. But we don't know where to start. It makes me want my dog back so she can be my excuse to do nothing.
Keep the pics coming. I need the inspiration.
RIP, Dave's room!
Funnest is NOT a real word.
WOW VONNIE.....!!!!!!!!!!! FABULOUS.
Post a Comment