Friday, September 17, 2010

Alma 5

I read Alma 5 again a few days ago. I can't stop thinking about it. It's such a powerful chapter. I makes me want to do better and be better. It holds such wisdom and gems, such as:

~Behold, he changed their hearts; yea, he awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God.
~nevertheless, their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word;
~according to his faith there was a mighty change wrought in his heart. Behold I say unto you that this is all true.
~And behold, he
preached the word unto your fathers, and a mighty change was also wrought in their hearts, and they humbled themselves and put their trust in the true and living God. And behold, they were faithful until the end; therefore they were saved.
~Have ye received his image in your countenances?
~Come unto me ye
blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?
~his garments must be
purified until they are cleansed from all stain, through the blood of him of whom it has been spoken by our fathers, who should come to redeem his people from their sins.
~bring forth works of righteousness,
~And now if ye are not the
sheep of the good shepherd, of what fold are ye?
~ you that are desirous to follow the voice of the
good shepherd, come ye out from the wicked, and be ye separate,

2 comments:

VFR said...

Interesting how many references in that chapter deal with change. Change is hard, but necessary, particularly if our hearts and nature is to change. Powerful stuff from the Book of Mormon.

tutus n bowties said...

Just what I needed today. Thanks!