Monday, May 25, 2009

The Fee Gees

So tonight was the first concert of the SCERA season and it was fun. The Stayin Alive Tribute band to the Bee Gees was great (hence the FAKE Bee Gees.) We enjoyed all the old favorite disco songs. I remember dancing my guts out to those disco songs in the late 70s. They did a bunch of Bee Gees songs and some that they wrote for their little brother Andy Gibb. Remember how DARLING Andy Gibb was? In fact I remember taking my little sister Lee to the Salt Palace to see him in concert. Remember that Lee? Check out their web site here for a walk down memory lane. Oh, and just try to NOT dance while you're listening to these great videos. You should be dancing, ya!!! Sooooo funny!





Lee...this one's for YOU!!! Although, sadly, he passed away when he was only 30 years old.






2 comments:

Lee said...

Do I ever remember my crush on Andy Gibb! I think I cried when I got those tickets to his concert! He was a heart-throb back in the day for sure! It was fun to watch him again.

VFR said...

Why don't the original bands continue to tour and play concerts, thereby eliminating the need for fake tribute bands? Do they already have enough money? Surprisingly, the tribute bands (Fee Gees), sound pretty good, probably better than the real groups would sound now, so many years after the fact.