Friday, May 29, 2009

a confession and a question

I don't make my bed. (Don't tell my mother.)
I use to years ago, but I don't anymore.
I just pull the covers up and I'm gone.
We don't go back to our bedroom until we're ready to go to bed at night.
No one sees the unmade bed, not even the owners of the bed.

I don't like making my bed.
And I don't like putting all those pillows and shams on the bed that decorate the bed either.
So I don't do it.
I also don't like bed skirts.
They are such a bother.
They rarely hang right.
They get all hunched up and they usually look bad.

BUT...

We recently got a new mattress, thanks to our niece's husband Adam.
It's a dream to sleep on.
It's very thick and high.
So, I've decided to turn over a new leaf.

My mother just got a new "bed in a bag"so that encouraged me to do better. She chose a beautiful comforter with shams and pillows. She makes her bed every day and it looks great.

I decided to get a new bedspread and some new sheets.
Forget the pillows and the shams.
Forget the dust ruffle.
I think I can handle a bedspread.
I have a thick, heavy comforter for the winter months and now we'll have a light weight, light color bedspread for the summer months.
I plan to tuck it around the pillows the old fashion way.
Maybe I'll be encouraged to make the bed every morning. What are the chances?

So, the question is...which bedspread do you like better?

Choice A with more of a pattern and the color green or Choice B with less pattern and the color purple? Of course our room is still eggplant purple. It has old fashioned WALL PAPER and I still love it.













10 comments:

Kylee said...

That's so funny that you don't make your bed! I like the first one, but that's because I love green. But I think they're both cute!

tutus n bowties said...

Both cute but I would have to pick the purple. I like less of a print with the flower wallpaper above it. I think the compliment each other well.

Jamie Jo said...

I like #2. Our bed doesn't get made every day either. Plus we watch TV in our room a lot, so it's always messy.

VFR said...

I'm glad to know we're getting a new bedspread. I don't care which one it is - you choose. Thanks. Love you.

teamZ said...

#2, I like that the purple coordinates with the wall. I also agree that with that wallpaper you need a more simple bedspread.

Vonnie said...

Thanks everyone! I'm going with Choice B (#2). I appreciate your input. The room looks great and I'm hoping to make my bed every day now.

Jord said...

I like B, white with the purple flowers. It is springy and fresh.

Claire said...

A, definitely A.

R is the one who makes our bed.

Claire said...

Oh wait I didn't read everyone's comments. I meant B.

Lee said...

Claire is funny- I didn't peg her as a go with the crowd vote--- esp after you'd already stated you'd gone with B. Funny. I'd chosen B too before I read all the comments :) It looks great! I love a made bed and I've trained Mike to make his side before he goes to work, so making my side is easy. We do take a break on Sundays though, and rarely make it. I remember one time going to Mom's trailer in AZ around 11 a.m. and HER BED WASN'T MADE yet. I loved harrassing her about that. She's always been so great to always have her bed made. Good luck with your new goal of making your bed every day!

Your kitchen looks fab. I love the plants on your window sill. I'm amazed at the 16 hours though- esp for your trusty assistant. Tell him great job.