Monday, August 11, 2008

Sweet Baby James

We spent another warm summer night last Monday swaying to the music of one of our favorite performers, James Taylor. This is his third Utah concert we have attended over the years and the DNews gave it a great review. I can tell you where I was the first time I heard Fire and Rain (at the Minico gym at an after game dance, in case you're interested.) Rick and I don't always like the same music, but we are solid as a rock in agreement when it comes to loving the music of James Taylor. It's such a mix of sounds and it has stayed fresh over all these almost 40 years since he's been writing and performing music. We must own 9-10 of his CD's and a favorite is his Christmas CD. Our kids all have a healthy appreciation for his music as well, considering they were force fed his music on numerous trips while traveling in the car and while doing work around the house. His band was amazing, all gifted musicians on their own. We went with Rick's brother Doug and his sweet wife Deborah and had another memorable evening at Usana. There was a perfect gentle breeze in the outdoor arena mixed with the nectar of the greatest folk/rock/bluegrass/class-by-himself sound ever created. Lucky to be there.

3 comments:

Claire said...

I like Jim Taylor too, although I think The Bot liked him best of your progeny. To add a hyperlink, just highlight whatever it is you want to add a link to when you are typing your post, like the words "great article," then at the top there is a little globe icon with a chain on the top. Click that and it opens up a little window, then you just copy and paste the link there and click OK.

Claire said...

P.S. That picture Mr. Taylor in that hat is kind of funky.

VFR said...

It was a great concert, and I was very glad to be there with you, your smiling face, and JT.