Friday, December 4, 2015

O come, let us adore Him - Day 4

In the missionary training book called Preach My Gospel, there is a section about the attributes of Christ.  I've read it and reread it and I find that it contains such wisdom and clarity in defining the attributes that made Jesus Christ so exceptional.  He is in fact the Savior of the world and he came to redeem us from our mistakes and our shortcomings.  The book outlines several of the outstanding Christlike attributes of Jesus.  Through his perfect example, all of God's children can strive to become like him and to become as He is.
The scriptures describe Christlike attributes and we know that they are gifts from God.  Some come to a person naturally and other must be developed over time and through trials and growth from those trials.

They are:
Faith in Jesus Christ
Hope
Charity and love
Knowledge
Virtue
Patience
Humility
Diligence
Obedience

This month I plan to explore and learn more about these attributes and share my findings here.  I hope that it is a journey that will bring me closer to Jesus Christ.  I hope to show to Him my love and appreciation as my Savior and Redeemer.

**Art work Joseph Brickey fine art.

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

His attributes are important. How we apply them in our lives is critical. Thanks for post Vonnie.

vfr