Knowledge
Gaining the attribute of knowledge requires that we study and learn the ways of God. We can study his word in the scriptures and then we seek to follow what he asks of us his children. We strive to seek learning by study and by faith. We should seek spiritual knowledge by studying the scriptures every day and also studying the words of his living prophets that are on the earth today. We can receive answers to our questions if we study diligently, with pure intent and then the Holy Ghost will enlighten our minds, teach us and help us understand the meaning of the scriptures and how they apply to our lives now.
Like the Prophet Nephi, we can also say that "my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them...behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard." 2 Nephi 4: 15-16
Knowledge of divine and spiritual things is absolutely essential for salvation. Knowledge is obtained line upon line, precept upon precept. Knowledge is one of the endowments of the Holy Ghost and one of the gifts of the spirit. Our Heavenly Father is desirous that we obtain and enjoy these gifts. A person who gains knowledge of Godly things in this life will have so much the advantage in the world to come. D&C 130:18-19.
Gaining knowledge requires effort. Daily, consistent, effort. I know that the times I have exerted real effort to gain spiritual knowledge, that I have been blessed to more clearly understand the things of God. It is a process, but I am on the road and I hope to continue to strive to develop this attribute.
Wise Men Still Seek Him
1 comment:
Knowledge is something we can take with us, since we cannot take so much of the trappings of life.
vfr
Post a Comment