Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Visit all 50 (updated)

2 1/2 years ago I shared that Rick and I were trying to visit all 50 states sometime in our lives. I'm happy to report that we've made some progress. I think we will need to take three more trips to polish all 50 off. We need to go through the mid-west to pick up 5 states, to the great lakes area for 4 more and finally go back to new England to pick up the last 4 states we're missing. 13 to go! I wonder which one will be the last?? Maybe Rhode Island or Maine. We decided that in order to check off a state, that we had to actually step foot in that state or country. Going through an airport doesn't count.
I love this web site that lets you fill in the states you've visited. You can also do it with foreign countries. I'd love to visit at least one country on each continent. Four down, three to go. My map:



create your own personalized map of the USA
or check out ourCalifornia travel guide

Rick's map:


create your own personalized map of the USA
or check out ourCalifornia travel guide







create your own visited country map
or check our Venice travel guide

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Very interesting post, Vonnie. I love the goal, and I'm looking forward to both of us completing it. Keep up the good work!!

vfr