Little notes of affection
Dear Mother Nature:Enough already with the snow and 40 degree temperatures! Bring on some sunny days so that we can get outside and start our yard work, garage cleaning, window washing and patio set up. You've delayed us long enough and it's not funny any more.
I mean it.
Yours truly,
Vonnie
Dear Lands' End:
I adore your swim suits. I really do. They fit. They look nice. They stay put. They're cute. They cover what needs to be covered. For tall girls like me, this is a necessity. I love your online catalog and ease in ordering.
Please don't ever go away.
Your faithful customer.
Vonnie
Dear Father in-law Vern:
Happy 87th birthday dear man. You are a giant of a man. In every way. Your calm spirit is an example to us all. Your perseverance is amazing. Your ability to take whatever comes your way without complaint is inspiring. Your sense of humor is second to none. Your kind and gentle ways draw us to you. Your keen intellect and your ability to keep on learning is exemplary. You are a great husband, father, grandfather, brother and uncle to many people who adore you.
From a daughter in-law who loves you.
Vonnie
Dear daughter Claire:
I wish I could come to your royal wedding party. You've pulled out all the stops and a good time is guaranteed to be enjoyed by all. Your love all things English and all things Royal make you the perfect party planner for the special day. Plus you love to create stuff. Plus you love good food. Plus you're so dang clever. Kate and Will would be proud. I know I am.
Your loving mother who wishes she lived in your neighborhood.
Vonnie
Dear darling granddaughters:
Could you possibly look any cuter in your Easter dresses? I'm so happy that you enjoyed them and that you had a great Easter day hunting for Easter eggs and learning more about why we really celebrate Easter. It's about what our Savior did for each of us. And now you know it too.
I loved talking to you each on Skype. You are the sweetest girls there ever where.
From your Grandma Vonnie who loves you so much
3 comments:
Loved your blog post today! Funny... felt like I played catch-up with the Romney family today. Read Jordan and Claire's blog today after reading yours. Miss you and will see you this summer!
Good letters mother! I need to call Grandpa and am so sorry for your crappy cold. Hopefully it will warm up soon.
Wonderful posts, Vonnie. Thanks for your insight. You are generous of spirit, and you are a wonderful writer. We love you.
vfr
Post a Comment