Saturday, November 20, 2010

Turkey day is coming!







I don't like to rush Thanksgiving. I like to let the month of November take its course. I like to enjoy the changing of the season from fall to winter and to enjoy hot soup, warm bread, pumpkin desserts, raking leaves, shorter daylight during the days, and more time to contemplate and be grateful for ALL I have. I do have an especially grateful heart in November and I'm in no hurry to move on. We're headed to parts southward for the week. We look forward to spending time with loved ones and in counting our bounteous blessings.

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving season with lots of fun and togetherness.

2 comments:

tutus n bowties said...

Have so much fun! I LOVE turkey day and I hope the Romney family has a good one as well.

VFR said...

Thanks for the ode to Thanksgiving, Vonnie. It is a great holiday (one of the very best of the year), and deserves to stand alone, without getting jammed up by those who would start the Christmas festivities too soon. Thanksgiving needs its due.