









We pulled off a great surprise as we traveled stealthily many hours to see our daughter Claire for her 30th birthday. She didn't know we were coming. We didn't know we were going until just a few days before. Call it an act of pure spontaneity. Rick hadn't see Claire & R and their little girl Skippy since early December. He hadn't seen Jord and Jake and their family since Christmas. He found out that J&J and girls would be visiting Claire and he suggested that we hop in the car and head down to celebrate with Claire AND see our little grand girls and their parents. It was a no brainier. Off we went. We drove for six hours, slept in a hotel and then drove another three hours arriving at the restaurant where they were all having breakfast on a Saturday morning. We stayed in town for 26 hours and then we drove the nine hours back home again. Crazy, but very fun! Grandpa Rick enjoyed playing with the girls and entertaining them with stories, songs, a few little gifts and activities.
6 comments:
It was a great trip, and great fun to celebrate Claire's 30th, and see the grandkids, the kids, and the in-law kids. The only problem was that the trip wasn't long enough. Next time, we'll stay longer. Thanks for the post, Vonnie.
Those are some good pictures Mom. It was a great surprise to have you roll into town and I'm glad we could all hang out in A-town for a few hours. :)
What a fun surprise for claire! I love surprises. I'm glad you had a fun trip.
I love things like that. Those trips are sometimes more fun than the ones that you've planned for months.
That is a fun surprise. Were the J&J surprised too? That's such a cute picture of Claire looking very surprised and happy.
I think that is the MOST thoughtful thing you could have done. I am sure Claire felt so loved. You and VFR are amazing parents and grandparents! Next time you can take me. :)
Post a Comment