Friday night Rick and I went to the temple and then he took me out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants - Thai Mango. I love me some Thai food.
Saturday I spend the day with my friend Marcy who came to visit from Cali. She is my 5th sister. I love her so much and she is such a great friend. She gave me an awesome purple jacket, scarf and hat and I much say that I love it. We drove to SLC and spent the day looking around. We went to the church history museum and she enjoyed that a lot since she had never been there. We wandered around temple square, check out the almost complete City Creek center, ate a delicious lunch at Blue Lemon and then hopped on Trax and went down to the Gateway to poke around (another place she had heard about but never seen.) In honor of the 10 year anniversary of the SLC Olympics, I went to the Olympic volunteer board and showed her the names of Claire and Rich and his sister Max engraved on the wall. I still think that is pretty cool that they got to be Olympic volunteers. That evening we returned to Provo and picked up Rick to go to the Covey Center to attend the Kurt Bestor & David Lanz concert. It was wonderful! Two pianists just doing their thing. They are so talented and I love that New Age sound they create and some of their melo compositions. Great evening.
Sunday I made dinner and Rick's parents came over to eat along with nephew JRE and niece Brooke along with Andy and his friend Alex. We enjoyed a lovely meal and a rousing game of THINGS at the end with Grandpa Vern stealing the show. We had some great laughs.
Monday, was by actual birthday and it started out when I opened the door and found my exercise buddy Patsy standing there with a gift. All the ladies at Pilates sang happy birthday to me and wished me well. I had some nice surprises at work along with some well wishes as I advance in the aging process, and Andy brought me flowers and took me to Zupas for lunch. That was so sweet of him because he knows that I love those two things...fresh flowers and lunch at Zupas. After work I went and got a pedicure in preparation for my trip to AZ. Rick gave me a new purse and that afternoon I went and picked it out. Love what I found. I met Andy and Rick at Los Hermanos for dinner and we enjoyed a lovely meal complete with fried ice cream for dessert. It was so nice to receive cards, calls, texts, Facebook messages and gifts from friends both far and near. I must say that I felt really loved and it certainly filled my cup. Thanks to all who made my 57th BD a special day!
And the best part is that I get to travel to AZ in a few days to meet new grandson Charlie, visit Dave and Courtney, Jord & Jake and their girls, my Mom and brother Paul and his wife DeNae. Great times are ahead.
3 comments:
Happy birthday, Vonnie. You are aging very well, better than ever. We love you.
Sounds like a wonderful celebration.
Wow- what a wonderful 3 days of fun! What a great BD you had! And I love all your activities you enjoyed in AZ and being able to see your kids! Good times for you, but now it's back to the same ole, same ole. . . good luck with that!
Post a Comment