Friday, February 3, 2012

Serious Grandma Vonnie time

There's nothing like a mid-winter visit to see a little grand girl and her parents to pick up my spirits in late January. We had some serious fun and did some things that are really interesting to a two year old.
Such as...
Going to church and to nursery class.
Playing at the "Playland" in town

Enjoying a serious game of SORRY - she almost won.
Playing outside in her little house
Wearing crazy hats

Going to the park and being very brave to cross the scary bridge

Playing Legos and building lots of houses, and laughing out loud while watching Curious George
Going down the slide all alone
Riding her big girl bike and playing on the teeter-totter
I got to tend Skippy one whole day while her parents were working and we had a great time. When I left she said "I go wif you Grandma Vonnie?" and when I said "not this time honey" and got out of the car at the airport, she started to cry. It made me sad (but kind of happy) that she will miss me. We all had such a wonderful 4 days and I can't wait to see her again. Her parents are OK too (although I didn't take one picture of them...oops)

5 comments:

VFR said...

That Skippy is such a cute and fun little girl. I'm glad you got to go for a visit, and I'm looking forward to doing so myself.

Eileen said...

Sweet! Love me some "grandma" time!

Lee said...

She is such a cutie, and I loved that you loved her crying over you. That's the best! Also, the hat Jessica made for her is darling!

Jamie Jo said...

That's funny about no pictures of them. I remember BAWLING when it was time to say goodbye to everyone in Rupert each visit. Grandma's make the world a better place.

Jord said...

What a sweet story. I'm so glad you could go and visit the little.