2009
the year in review
(from top to bottom - visit to see Claire and R, Dave's graduation, visit for Lauren's birthday, SCERA annual gala, baby shower for Claire, 4th of July float I helped make for our stake, Dave and Courtney at his graduation with Lauren and Ellie)
(Vern's 85th birthday with Rick's family, Von and Rick, visit to see Marcy in Palm Desert, visit to San Fran with Claire, Memorial day in Clarkston, Rupert visit to see Janet and Dave with Mom)
(Game Day in Provo with Dave & Courtney, Thanksgiving dinner at the Marriott buffet, visiting Washington DC with Pat and Vern, our 30th wedding anniversary dinner at The Roof in SLC, visiting the WWII memorial in Washington with Vern, Fenway in Boston)
(Mendendall glacier in Alaska, Boston harbor cruise, Princess cruise to Alaska for our 30th anniversary, seeing WICKED in SLC with the daughters, sisters and nieces, continued service at the MTC with a visit from Carol and family, outside the White House in DC)
(Two new granddaughters born! - the proud mothers on blessing day, enjoying some pool time with Lauren and Ellie, the men in the family at Christmas, meeting new baby Skippy, the women at Christmas and meeting new baby Ada)Jordan recently compiled our 2009-2010 family histories and distributed them at the family reunion. Here are the pictures I gathered to include in the history book. This is a tradition (click on link to see family history books, part 1) that we started over 32 years ago with my extended family and it is still going strong in our own family now. I love reading what each of our children write and I'm always amazed at the little details I learn about their lives and the things they are involved in. It's great to get their take on things and to see how they work together to figure things out.

For a Christmas gift this last year, I copied our family history from our individual family history books that covered 25 years and gave each of our kids and their families a copy. They now have our family's history from 1979 when it began to 2010. Nice.
2 comments:
I did that too (copying all the years histories in one book) and love having everything right together. It's great. I love the yearly family history, once it's done.
Great post, Vonnie, and great memories came flooding back as I looked over the pictures. Thanks for all you do to keep the history books going strong.
vfr
Post a Comment