That this symbol and way of eating:

Have been changed to
this symbol and way of eating:

While most people probably eat like this:
 Balancing Calories |
| ● | Enjoy your food, but eat less. |
| ● | Avoid oversized portions. |
|
| Foods to Increase |
| ● | Make half your plate fruits and vegetables. |
| ● | Make at least half your grains whole grains. |
| ● | Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk. |
|
| Foods to Reduce |
| ● | Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals ― and choose the foods with lower numbers. |
| ● | Drink water instead of sugary drinks. |
2 comments:
Good info Mom. I didn't know the pyramid changed, and I like this new plate version better. I'm going to post this picture on my fridge right now.
I don't know if I like the pyramid better, or the plate. What I do know is that I like to eat, and sometimes eat the wrong things. If this helps us do better, than we'll be better off for it.
Post a Comment