Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A wealth of information. Seriously.

Hey you young moms out there. Do you want some intellectual stimulation? Do you want to learn some better parenting skills? If you want to hear the latest information on a variety of subjects, check out this link. I mean it. It's a fabulous link to a wealth of information. The College of Family, Home and Social Sciences has been recording their major college lectures and posting them on the internet for several years now. I was involved early on in getting this process underway when I worked in the Dean's office of that college. Now the list has grown to an impressive collection of the latest research and theories on a variety of subjects. They are available to all who want to learn more. You can listen to them while you work, fold laundry or relax in the evening. They are available as little movies to watch.
Last Thursday was the 7th annual Marjorie Pay Hinckley lecture given by Dr. Ross Thompson on the "The Emotionate Child: Building Emotional Health and Compassion in Young Children."
Do you have young children? Are you a grandparent of young children? You may want to listen to this lecture. You don't even have to travel to campus to participate!
Check through the list and look for all the lectures given on the Marjorie Pay Hinckley lecture series. These lectures are all on the topics of family life, marriage and children. They are given by the recognized best authorities on the subject in the field who came to BYU to share their expertise.
Check out the lecture on Family Routines and Rituals by Barbara Fiese. Fabulous information!

3 comments:

Vonnie said...

Thanks for the link, and for the information, Vonnie. You do so well to keep us informed.

vfr

tutus n bowties said...

My favorite thing to learn about are things concerning families. It's about the only thing I am interested in reading these days... you know for the future Densley family. I want all the help I can get so thank you!

Jord said...

That is good information and I'll definitely read some of those talks soon.