Sunday, July 27, 2008

Grudging respect x2



Read Bronco article in the DNews
OK, so I have to admit, I have a love/hate relationship with BYU football (actually with the whole university.) Over the entire time I've been married, BYU football has occupied a MAJOR part of my life and the life of my husband and family. They are fanatics. I'll probably post more on this subject another day. For today, I was struck with someone who has "kept up the good work." Seriously, is this guy for real? I believe so and this article shows his true colors. I have grudging respect for the guy and his program. Shoot, I may even have to attend a few games this year.

Next article:
Read Osmond article in the D News
Here is a link to an article about another group for whom I have had grudging respect over the years. I'm not a fan. Too cutesy for my taste. Today when I was watching "music and the spoken word" at the MTC with the sister missionaries in our branch (which is an amazing program by the way, one to which I haven't paid much attention over the years) I have to admit that I was impressed with the family and the way they performed with the choir and the orchestra at temple square. As stated in the article, they also did two performances on Friday and Saturday night at the conference center, sort of their farewell performance. I wish them well. I do think they have been good ambassadors for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

4 comments:

VFR said...

Great post, Vonnie!!! I'm especially intrigued by the implied suggestion that you may have to go to a few games this year. Oh, Happy Day!!!

V IV said...

I saw that article in the paper on Sunday and wondered if you read it (I wouldn't be surprised if dad suggested it to you). Bronco is the real deal, and hopefully he can get it done this year.

Jord said...

Agreed, you have to throw it out to the Osmonds even if their music isn't on your ipod. And Bronco is the man!

Claire said...

I haven't read the article yet but I did hear Marie mentioned Botox. So ridiculous.