Monday, July 28, 2008

The color purple

















I love the color purple (no, not the movie.) I love, love, love it. I've loved it for as long as I can remember. I had a purple bedroom growing up that had purple shag carpet, purple painted walls and a purple and white floral bedspread. My husband and I have a purple bedroom now. Well, it's dark eggplant purple mostly, but still. It has wallpaper on the walls and I don't intend to change it anytime soon, even if wall paper was out of style years ago. I go with what I like. My little grand daughter even knows that Grandma Vonnie's favorite color is......purple!
So, today I came home to find these beautiful purple roses on the counter in the kitchen. Just think of that - two DOZEN purple ROSES. Have you ever seen such a thing? And the best part was this note that went with it.
7/28/08
Dear Vonnie,
Congratulations on your blog! I thought purple flowers would be just right. Love, your husband.
How great is that? How sweet and considerate? How thoughtful on so many levels? What a great, sweet, considerate, thoughtful husband I have.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow!! What a very thoughtful act, way to go Rick! I'm excited you have a blog, now we can have a two way street. I always feel a little guilty when people are checking out my life and I don't have the same chance to sneak into theirs. Now all we need is Carol to hop on the band wagon. I love your "about me" it is very unique and I learned something from it. You've always been Yevon to me, and I love it. How fun that you and Lauren can share that name together. I also think it's funny that you love the color purple. I've always enjoyed the color, but never been drawn to it, but even as a little girl I hoped that it was someone's favorite color cause sometimes I think the color purple might feel left out.

Claire said...

That is nice of the Man.

Kylee said...

That's awesome! I don't know if I've ever seen purple roses, but they are beautiful! Tell Rick he's awesome. And good job on starting your own blog! I'm excited to stay in better touch!