Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Light the World, day six

Each year around Christmas time, Rick has training in SLC.  We get a room at the Marriott hotel and it is my chance to shop around town while he is in meetings.  This year I got to explore Modern Display and see all the delights found in that amazing store.  I also visited Orson Gygi and bought supplies for making candy.  I shopped at City Creek and enjoyed a day of poking around that beautiful shopping center.  That evening we went to see the lights at Temple Square.  We got there at dusk and sat inside the Nauvoo Cafe sipping a cup of hot chocolate when suddenly the lights of temple square went on.  What a sight that is to see!  It wasn't too cold outside and since it was earlier in the evening, there weren't many people out.  We pretty much had the place to ourselves as we walked around the temple and the grounds around the visitor centers.  It was a delightful evening and a chance to spend some time with my sweetheart.  I love Christmas and I feel so much gratitude for my dear husband and all he does for me.



1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Thanks for the post, Vonnie. It was fun to be together for this little getaway.

vfr