Monday, December 5, 2016

Light the World, day five









North Pole Express!  All aboard!!  I've always wanted to ride the Heber Creeper train at Christmastime.  This year I had the chance to go with Jordan and her children.  It was a great adventure to ride the train through Heber City,and along the west side of Deer Creek reservoir.  It was a cold and magical night as we entered the train and found our seats.  Christmas music was playing and the elves gave us directions and were our hosts.  There was singing, a visit from Santa's daughter, hot chocolate and cookies, a talent show (?) from the passengers and some other games and activities. The big event is when we arrived at the north pole and Santa boarded the train!  He gave each of us a Christmas bell and it was a thrill to see him! It was a great adventure and I'm so happy I got to participate.  I loved being with my darling grandchildren and Jordan and I love them so much.


1 comment:

Vonnie said...

What a fun activity, Vonnie. Thanks for being such a fun grandma!

vfr