Monday, February 9, 2015

January goal report

Here is a report on the progress of my goals.  It helps to report it here.  Feel free to spur me on!
  • Attend all 15 temples in Utah, attend the temple twice a month
Phoenix temple with Jordan and Jake


new beautiful Phoenix temple


Salt Lake City temple lobby with niece
Stephanie after she received her endowment

  • read the Ensign every month

January issue - check
  • dejunk, clean and organize my home
  • update all my photo albums, label and date them
  • start writing my personal history
  • sew something for each grandchild
  • sew my Christmas presents 
  • spend more time in my yard gardening, etc.
  • walk 10,000 steps 5 days a week (thanks to my new FitBit from Rick and Claire, this will be measurable!)
I'm averaging about 7,000 steps over seven days a week, thanks to my FitBit for keeping track.  I need to kick that up once I can get outside more.  Making progress!
  • Lose 15 pounds 
Put on two pounds.  What??
  • Read 15 books
I've read Orphan Train and Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
  • support and love my mother more in her advancing years
Visited Mom at her home and took her to the Hardware Ranch, a place she use to visit as a child, call her several time a week
  • strengthen the relationships with people I care about
Went to breakfast with a Kathleen, attended a concert with Shelley, Kevin, Marie and Cydnee, went to dinner at the Dixon's home, babysat for Adam and Syd so they could have a break, invited Cydnee over for a sleepover, visited Jordan and Jake and family
  • serve at UVU in the Women's Success Center board
Met for two board meetings and contributed.  Signed up to mentor three college students, got training and met with them individually (one widowed mother of five, one 18 year old, one 20 year old from a troubled family) to help them work towards receiving a college degree
  • finish visiting the rest of the 50 states I haven't been to including: Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma 

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

a good report on some very worthwhile goals.

vfr