Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My horn of plenty


The month of November is almost over and before it slips into the annals of history, I’d like to count my many blessings and name them one by one:

Modern medicine (I’d be toast without it) * a faithful husband who stands by me through thick and thin (and there has been a lot of thin lately) and who loves me unconditionally * 4 wonderful children who are leading productive and meaningful lives and who love God and his plan for us * their spouses who love and support them and us* our six lively grandchildren who are learning the important lessons in life from their parents and who are thriving and doing so well * 3 of our 4 parents who are still living and showing my their examples how to endure to the end and live life well * siblings and their spouses who check in with us and encourage us with their love and support * nieces, nephews and their children who enrich our lives * cousins, aunts and uncles who are great examples to us in so many ways *  the ability to live our religion and to practice it as we see fit * opportunities for education and enrichment through good theater, music and uplifting entertainment * opportunities to serve and make a difference  and contribute to our church, our community and our family * reading * a warm, soft bed * hot water and long baths (sometimes 2x a day) * friends who lift and encourage * humor * the power of prayer * a comfortable home with heat and cool when needed* freedom we enjoy living in the greatest country in the world * household appliances * priesthood blessings * clean food and water * a great heritage * enjoyable employment * lilacs * black licorice *  goodly parents * Young Women * cars that take us where we want to/need to go * airplanes * ocean waves * sun sets * mountain meadows * music *  knowing where we came from, why we are here and where we are going * knowing that someone is in charge and that we are never alone * Jesus Christ * the gift of the Holy Ghost * scriptures * temples * ordinances that bind us to one another  * repentance * newborn babies * my iPad * family togetherness * memories * photographs * family history *good conversation * a roaring fire in the fireplace * the ability to give * the gratitude I feel for all the many, many blessings I have been given!

4 comments:

Lee said...

That's a great list Vonnie- I agree with every one! How was NM? Did you feel fairly good? Hope you have a great week before the final and last chemo next week- hurrah!

VFR said...

Thanks for the post, Vonnie. It is great to remember all the blessings we have, particularly when things seem to be pretty tough. I am so grateful for you. You are my sunshine.

vfr

Jord said...

I am grateful for you Mom!

Momma said...

You are such an inspiration to me and to so many. Thank you for your thoughtful remembering. I can't wait for this awfulness to be in your rear view window! I love you!! Connie