Sunday, November 11, 2012

An unexpected surprise!

I got an award at work from the university. Wow!  It was totally unexpected and a big surprise. It is a very NICE award.  It involved recognition, a clock with an engraved plaque, $100 cash and a $100 gift card to the ROOF in the Joseph Smith memorial building.  I really appreciate being recognized for my efforts over many, many years working at BYU. I've met a lot of wonderful people and I know the inside workings of several departments.  I could actually write a pretty interesting book about my adventures working there over many years and in many different departments.  Not too many more years and I'll make my exit.   It has been a great place to work and it has allowed my income to help my family financially along the way.  Except for 3 of those years, I have been fortunate to work part-time and help our children financially meet some of their goals including missions, education and marriage.

6 comments:

Carol said...

You are so deserving of this award Von - you have done much good in your many years of work at BYU - way to go!!

VFR said...

You had it coming, Vonnie, and I'm glad they recognized your hard work and your effective work. Congratulations!

Lee said...

Way to go Von! That's so cool! Where is the gift card to? Will you leave the plaque at work or bring it home for the living room mantle???

Annie said...

Congrats Vonnie! Sorry you have been so sick with #4. Great post about your fun family trip.

marcy said...

Vonnie! So happy for your recognition! This is so heartwarming and couldn't happen to a better gal. Sure love you.

Momma said...

Congratulations! You are so deserving of this recognition! You have inspired so many! I am so sorry this horrible thing has come into your life and the lives of your dear family who love you so much. I pray this will pass soon and you will quickly return to us all.
You are such a dear friend.
Connie