to this one for Father's Day. Score! We can finally have grilled food that isn't burned or that falls through the slats on the grill onto the flame. Cool! Thanks to all the family contributors who helped make this a reality and to Jake for his expert advise in which kind to buy. You'll enjoy the benefits when you come to visit. Yes!
When I was in Arizona the last time visiting Jordan and Jake, Jord made these amazing hamburgers on their Weber grill. Give them a try. They're great:
Chipotle Grilled Hamburgers
1 1/2 pound ground beef
1 1/2 chopped chipotle peppers (buy in a can in the Mexican food section of the grocery store)
1 1/2 T. adobo sauce (it's the sauce in the chipotle pepper can, you just measure some out)
1/4 c. grated onion
1 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. cumin
1 1/2 t. salt
Mix all ingredients together and form 6 - 8 hamburgers. Yum! Experiment and add more peppers if you life it very spicy.
Sauce to spread on the buns
1/2 c. mayo
2 t. lime juice
2 T. chopped cilantro
1 1/2 t. adobo sauce (use the sauce out of the same can)
Serve with pepper jack cheese, fresh slice avocado, tomatoes and lettuce. Get ready for a taste sensation.
And to top it all off:
Lemon Ice Cream
4 cups sugar
3/4 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 t. lemon extract
2 quarts milk
1 pint cream
Mix all ingredients, add cream last. Pour in ice cream freezer and freeze like any other ice cream.
Wow, what a flavor and so refreshing for a summer ice cream! Enjoy.
7 comments:
It looks like the old grill has been through a nuclear holocaust.
The new one is much better, and we really enjoy it. Thanks for all who participated in its cost. I do kind of miss the old one, too. But here's to progress.
Nice grill!! I'm sure that'll get some good use. Those hamburgers sound amazing.
That old grill is totally scary! I can't believe it lasted as long as it did. I love the Weber and hope you have many great grilling experiences.
Sound pretty fancy...I think most recipes do until you start to make it, and then hope it turns out great! Keep a good cover on that new grill! I just noticed Todd's traeger is looking chippy and it's under cover. What's that about?
Good timing for the recipes. Think I'll try them for the 4th. Thanks:)
Can't wait to try the recipe! Thanks for sharing. Claire's comment about the grill is hilarious- but acurately descriptive!
Post a Comment