Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cousins




I have a lot of them. On my Dad's side of the family there are 24.

Aunt Edna & Uncle Rex - Utah
*Kay
*Ruth
*Beth
*Scott
*Karen

Aunt June & Uncle Ken (deceased) - California
*Rebecca
*Kenny
*Steven
*Jan
*Susie

Aunt Annie & Uncle Leno - California
*Carl
*Julie
*Jeannie
*Tom

Aunt Lorna & Uncle Val - Utah
*Susan
*Diane
*Roger
*Penny
*Sharon


Uncle Clair and Aunt Marilyn - Utah (raised their family in Missouri)
*David - pictured above
*Margaret - pictured above with her family
*Robert
*Catherine
*Susan

On my Mom's side there are 19.

Uncle Dean & Aunt Anna (deceased) - Utah
*Michael
*Scott
*Leslie
*Neil (deceased)

Aunt Gayla & Uncle Marvin (deceased) - Utah
*Alysa
*Karen (deceased)
*Newell (deceased)
*Dwight
*Bryce
*Gaylamarie
*May

Aunt Rhona & Uncle Bill - Utah
*Lavon
*David
*Dan
*Deana
*Janis
*Annette
*Lee
*Maria

That's 43 first cousins! As you can see, most of them live in Utah.

Last night we invited Margaret and David to come over with their families for a BBQ and to spend the evening. We enjoyed it so very much! It was great to visit with them and get to know their children better. Cousin David and his wife Susie have four wonderful children. They are very musically inclined and are developing their talents on the piano as well as all the instruments that make up a string quartet. Cousin Margaret has recently moved to town from Colorado. She is raising her six children on her own now and I'm so proud of her courage, patience and determination to do what is in the best interest of her family. She is an example of kindness and strengh to me and I love her!

If it were up to me, I would love to have a family reunion about every three or four years with these wonderful cousins and my aunts and uncles. They are amazing people who have raised some impressive children and now many of them have granchildren. They are contributing members of society who are making a difference in the world and I love to associate with them.

This time of year when I hear about families who have family reunions, I have reunion envy. I wish we could get together more often than we do, considering that so many of us live within a two hour drive from each other. I'd even organize the reunions if needed.

I can dream, can't I?

2 comments:

VFR said...

Good post, Vonnie. You do have some fine cousins, and it would be good to have a reunion from time to time. Maybe there can be some cooperation.

Jamie Jo said...

I'd love more reunions too! I'll help you plan them.