Friday, June 2, 2017
100% Fuhriman wheat
So, yesterday I had a hankering to make some whole wheat bread. I haven't made it for awhile since I could eat a whole loaf myself and I don't need the calories. Anyway, I used a recipe my sister Lee shared with me. It is so easy and so good! The bread turns out great every time and it is moist and light, not like normal 100% whole wheat bread. I gave three loaves away and Rick and I are enjoying the 4th. The wheat came from my cousin's dry farm in Idaho, which makes it especially good bread! Here's the recipe:
5 cups very warm water
2 T. SAF instant yeast
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. dough conditioner or 3T dough enhancer (1 used the enhancer)
1/2 c. gluten
1/4 c. honey
1 T. salt
8 (approximate) cups whole wheat flour
Mix water, yeast, oil, dough conditioner or enhancer, gluten, honey and 6 cups of flour in Bosch mixer for 1 minute on speed 1. While mixer is still running, add salt and remaining flour gradually until the dough pulls away from the sides of the mixer. Be careful to not add too much flour. Turn speed up to 2 for an additional 6 minutes. After mixing, shape into 4 loaves and put into greased pans and let raise until double, about 1-1 1/2 hours. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Take out of pans and place on cooling rack and brush the top of the warm bread with butter.
Dough enhancer and gluten can be found in most grocery stores by the flours or in speciality baking stores. I found mine locally at Bosch Kitchen Center.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can verify that this is very tasty bread, especially since Vonnie made it and it is made from the good Fuhriman wheat. Thanks for the special treat, Vonnie!
vfr
It looks delicious. I'm excited to try this recipe.
Post a Comment