Monday, January 11, 2016

Blender pancakes

My sister Janet shared this recipe with me years ago.  It is still one of my favorite Saturday morning breakfasts.  It whips up fast and it is so good and is so much better than any mix.  It's also a good way to use your food storage whole wheat and include some whole grains in your diet. Give it a try!

Whole Wheat blender pancakes:
In a blender put
1 cup whole wheat
1 cup milk
Blend for a few minutes
add
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
Blend all ingredients until smooth, cook on a hot griddle.  Enjoy!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this recipe too, but it always turns out so runny. I'm so glad you posted the recipe because now I can see that I was adding an extra 1/2 c milk! No wonder! Can't wait to make them again and have them turn out right! Your list of goals will keep you busy this year. You have some great ones. Also, how cool that you connected w/ 2 of your converts! That's so awesome. I'm sure that's every missionary's dream.

Vonnie said...

They do taste good, but food is better the fewer eggs that is in it. Maybe Krusteaz pancake mix is the best way to go.

vfr