Thursday, October 16, 2014

LaVell Edwards game day stew

It felt like a stew for dinner kind of day today. I know a picture of stew isn't all that appealing, but trust me when I say that you will love this easy to make stew.  I got the recipe out of the newspaper years ago from Patti Edwards, wife of former BYU head coach LaVell.  She said this was a favorite dish of her husband who liked to come home after playing BYU football on a Saturday (back in the good ole days) and enjoy some stew for dinner.  Add some corn bread or a hard roll and you're set.

Here's how you make it:
1 lb quality stew meat (get a good grade of stew meat so it won't be too tough)
3-4 cups of carrots depending on how many you like
3 large potatoes
1 package dry Lipton onion soup mix
1 large onion 
2 cans of mushroom soup depending 
1 can water

Chop all ingredients and stir together.  Simmer in a crock pot on low for 5-6 hours or bake at 200 degrees for 5-6 hours.  

If you Google LaVell Edwards game day stew, you'll see the recipe all over the place.  I guess the good word gets around.

2 comments:

VFR said...

It is very tasty. Trust me, and for those of you in blogland, this is a very fine recipe. You will be glad yo tried it.

Claire said...

Looks like poo, tastes like heaven.